Saturday, August 12, 2017

The Dawn of the Dread

Hey Gang,

As you know by now, I am a life coach. I like to give free advice from time to time.  Since I haven't had a paying client in awhile...or ever, I thought that this may be a good time to impart my wisdom.  Morning routines are very important.  I would like to share with you my personal morning ritual.

Mornings are the most important early part of the sunrise.  Some other life coach "experts" suggest that meditation, exercise and stretching are a great way to begin each day.  I tend to disagree.  I think waking up with dread in your heart is a great motivator!.  Making mental lists of all the reasons staying in bed (or in my case, the backseat of my 1968 Gremlin) would be easier than facing a bleak reality, really helps you to put life in prospective.

Also, I am a big believer (like the president) that too much exercise wears down your internal battery. Let's say that you do get up and do some cardio that has your blood pumping and your heart racing, it's just gonna make you sleepy later on.  Instead, have a sugary snack and when you later crash, just have another sugary snack.  It's that simple!

Finally, use the precious hours of the morning to really concentrate on the things you are resentful of.  It's like an "attitude of gratitude" in reverse.  I call it a "mindset of things you didn't get."  Just take a 5-10 minutes to think of all the things you have wanted, but life somehow never let you have.  That empty feeling in your soul will be more than ready for the sugary breakfast snack its about to receive.

Hope this helps!

Cathy Gainer Corporate Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment