Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Writer's Block Blog

Hey Gang,

I have been writing this blog for a year and a half.  If it were a baby, it would be walking by now.  If it were a kitty, it would be fully functional and plotting against its enemies by now. If it were a panther chameleon, it would have gone through puberty, laid eggs, saw its offspring and died of old age by now.  I have had this blog for awhile is what I am trying to say.

It isn't always easy to come up with new and exciting topics week after week.  Some weeks, I am inspired by world events, personal challenges or even interesting observations that come into my mind.  This week I have nothing.

I am sure the news is chock full of fodder, but there are times when I become Cathy Gainer Stick My Head In The Sand Trainer.  There is only so much I can read without becoming overwrought with anxiety and fear for the future, it's at that point I transform into Cathy Gainer Can't Get Out Of The Fetal Position Trainer.  No one really wants her to write a blog.  It usually just consists of tears on a computer screen and the words, "When will it end?" written over and over.

This week has also been full of personal challenges. Not the fun, 'I have gone through the storm and came out on the other side' challenges.  They have been more like the 'When will it end?' challenges that turn me into Cathy Gainer Full Of Regret Trainer.

That leaves me right where I am, on the computer with nothing to write about.  I try to think WWTRANOD? (What Would Tony Robbins and Oprah Do?)  In my mind's eye, I see them pulling up from their funk, sitting at the computer and finally writing a weekly blog.  In reality, I wonder if one of Tony or Oprah's assistants would just write the blog while the gurus sat in a dark Gremlin binge eating cracker sticks and cheese dip in a packet. (Those snacks are delicious. Oprah probably has a fancy cheese like brie in her packet. )

Well gang, I hate to disappoint but this week's blog is going to be preempted by a case of writer's block and a very small block of gooey fake cheese.

Stay Awake Kids,

Cathy Gainer Corporate Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment