Wednesday, May 30, 2018

You Are What You Tweet

Hey Gang,

May has been a crazy month for me.  I have attended a lot of graduation ceremonies, a few Memorial  Day barbecues and even a Mother's Day banquet.  I wasn't technically invited to any of these celebrations or knew any of the people in attendance, but boy did I have fun! (Until I was asked to leave.)

Now that the Mayziness (the craziness of May) has worn off, I have started paying attention to the news again.  It turns out that a famous person sent out a Tweet using the application Twitter and got into a lot of trouble.  This isn't the first time this has happened. (If you can believe it.)  It seems that well-known people often express their views spontaneously. Sometimes, it makes them endearing to their followers, sometimes it makes them lose their job and sometimes it gets them elected to the highest political office in all the land.  Social media is fun!

It got me to thinking.  What if famous people hired someone to speak on their behalf?  What if a rich person whose source of income is dependent on their likability could hire a professional to publish any statements for them. Maybe they could be called a Publicist?  What a sane world that would be! Can you imagine, well thought out cohesive statements given to the press?  I know it sounds crazy, maybe it something we can shoot for in the 22nd Century.

Here's to a Jellow! (That is a mellow June!)

Stay Awake Kids,

Cathy Gainer Corporate Trainer
   

No comments:

Post a Comment