Thursday, June 15, 2017

Cold War-ming

Hey Gang,

As a corporate trainer/life coach/unemployed guru, it is important for me to keep current with the news.  I usually take about an hour each morning to read up on everything that is going on in the world.  The first 30 minutes is spent looking at news website and the last 30 minutes is spent, rocking myself in a fetal position out of shear terror from what I just read.  I like to call it "panic cardio."  I was thinking about making it the latest workout craze!

Russia has been in the news a lot lately.  Being scared of the Russians brings me back to my childhood where I would only have one newspaper and one newscast that brought terror into my day. The times were simpler and the hairstyles were bigger back then.

The cold war was always discussed.  Even then, as Cathy Gainer Junior Trainer, I learned that art of pretending to know what everyone was talking about.  As wars go...Gang War, Nuclear War and  World War... the Cold War didn't seem so bad.  Just bring a sweater.

Now we are reliving Russians tension in an age of global warming.  What would that do to a cold war?  Would the two counter-act one another.  If the cold war starts but greenhouse gases heat up, would that cause harmony on our planet?  I am not sure.  I bought 10 cans of Aquanet just in case things get dicey and we need to burn more ozone in the name of world peace.

Take care and think happy thoughts while you read scary things!

Cathy Gainer Corporate Trainer



No comments:

Post a Comment