Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Pointing With Power!

Hey Gang,

As a someday-corporate trainer, I will need to give future presentations....probably.  From what I understand there is a new and exciting innovation in giving speeches, it is an application called The PowerPoints!


What is this new technology?

Apparently this software is like a slide show that you can put together with a computer!  Not only can you place photos in it, you can also type words with it too!  Amazing.  When I first heard about this I thought it sounded too good to be true.  I said to myself, "We are finally living in the future."

How does it work?

There are several ways to access this magical computer picture-maker.  Some people pay for it. (It also comes with other software that you can use as a word processor and also make greeting cards with! The 21st Century...Am I right?) I decided not to choose the route of purchasing this computer program, instead I found an empty library computer that had it open already!  I jumped in that seat and started creating!

Are there any rules to follow?

Like anything fun and new, The PowerPoints comes with a certain etiquette that squashes its enjoyment.  In making my slides, I found the following dos and don's to PowerPointing:


  • Use clip art SPARINGLY
  • Do not use more than 6 words per slide
  • Utilize the entire slide
  • Use font sizes that are between 36 and 44
Do you HAVE to obey the rules?

It depends on the rules.  Traffic rules...sure.  State and Federal Rules...probably.  The PowerPoints rules...I say, take a chance and live a little.  Like my Nana Gainer used to tell me... "Cathy Gainer Corporate Trainer, find somewhere else to be."

I decided to leave the comfort of those guidelines and make the following presentation using my own standards!

My First PowerPoints


















Well Gang,  I hope these tips help with any presentations that you may have.  If you have questions, you can contact me at the library. I am still sitting in the same chair with the free PowerPoints!

Stay awake kids!

Cathy Gainer Corporate Trainer 








No comments:

Post a Comment