Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Multi-Level Motivating

Hey Gang,

Like most people I have tried to make my fortune selling protein shakes and vitamin fizzy water to my friends and family.  It's appealing on so many levels.  You are told that you can work from the comfort of your home, buy yachts and vacation homes just by persuading other people to start selling protein shakes and fizzy water to their friends and family.  It's the circle of dreams that ends with someone's garage being filled with boxes of expired products.

Even though this has bankrupted many people and left some in financial ruins, I think the concept of multi-level marketing is nifty!  It basically says that all you have to do is recruit 5 people who then recruit 5 people and so on.  It's a never-ending cycle with limitless potential! (Unless you believe in the math that proves you can only repeat the cycle thirteen times, because that would encompass the population of the world.)

Instead of using this concept to peddle powdered supplements, soap and cosmetics, why not use it for generic motivation?  It would be like an Amway meeting where we can sell positivity rather than 10 lbs of detergent.  Just think, I tell 5 people that they are full of unlimited potential and goodness, then they inspire 5 people until we have 13 cycles of a grass-roots motivation.  It may not make anyone rich, but neither do the multi-level marketing schemes!

Have a great day!

Cathy Gainer Corporate Traner

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It's not all about the money and sometimes people forget that. You can have all money in the world but there are some things you can't buy. In this online world people often forget things like that. You may not get richer but you'll get in return something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice, inspirational concept. I think we are so turned off of MLM gimmicks that many of us immediately shut them down. I know I fear any party invite and the obligation I will feel to buy and pressure to join. But, I love this idea of using the technique to motivate. Much more positive!

    ReplyDelete