Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Fish-Net Neutrality

Hey Gang,

I don't often write about politics because I think it's divisive, controversial and confusing.  Last week was fraught with news about net neutrality and I just can't keep silent anymore.  I have always been a fan of all kinds of nets...nylon, polyester and even the elusive mesh netting.

From what I understand, the government stepped in two years ago to make sure that nets remain neutral (or at least varied shades of beige.)  After last week's vote, the net is left up to big companies to control.  What is going to happen to the neutrality that we once had?  Quite frankly I don't want to live in a world where nets can be any color or design.  I lived through the neon fashions of the early nineties and I don't care to go back.   (It's a slippery slope...next thing you know, nets will be in mom jeans and hoop earrings...No thank-you!)

This is will affect all nets...fish nets, soccer nets, hair nets, mosquito nets and even the NBA team, the New Jersey Nets. There is still time. Please contact your elected officials.( If you don't know how to get a hold of your local politicians you can always look them up online, but hurry, the prices for accessing the web are expected to sky-rocket!)

Stay Awake!

Cathy Gainer Corporate Trainer

1 comment:

  1. Except for work I'll be off the net when it happens... cute essay

    ReplyDelete