Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Very Special Holiday Post

Hey Gang,

The end-of-year holidays are right around the corner.  Everyone is excited and preparing for their celebration of choice. (Don't get me started about the war on Winter Solstice, that's for another blog.)  It's also this time of year when television shows have their special episodes.  Many shows put the spotlight on our favorite characters learning the real meaning of the season...ratings.

I thought I would do the same with this week's blog.  I have a fun back story about my life.  I grew up in a small town with a desire to see the world.  Unfortunately I had to suppress the urge to travel so my brother, Tiny Tim, could join the Army.  I continued to make my hometown the best it could be despite a greedy boy wizard, Harry Potter, who tried to be the town's slumlord.  Eventually Potter was visited by three ghosts and a radio-active reindeer and he returned all the gifts that he had stolen from underneath people's trees.  It was a fun year!

I also want to break the proverbial third wall and look directly into the camera to give you, my readers and the people who don't know quite what to think of me, some heartfelt advice:

  • Life is short, time goes by fast. You start out life as a young person and continue to think of yourself as youthful until the day you realize that you aren't.  That day is called Middle-Age Realization Day.  It's spent Googling hair dye and non-invasive plastic surgeons.
  • Cherish the people in your life.  No, you can't choose your family, but you can choose to remind them that your still related even when they ignore you in public places.  Now that social media is apart of our lives, you can post unflattering pictures of them on the internet.  Families may eventually fade away through the years, but the World Wide Web is forever.
  • Respect everyone!  All people deserve to be treated fairly.  The dumb ones, the weird ones, even the ugly ones need some extra understanding this time of year.  Be the change you wish to see in the world, unless the change is made up of dirty pennies and foreign coins.
I wish everyone a great holiday season!  Remember, it's not about the gifts, it's about the presents.

Cathy Gainer Corporate Trainer







No comments:

Post a Comment