Thursday, November 23, 2017

Spanksgiving

Hey Gang,

I'm hoping everyone is having a Happy Thanksgiving!  I have my turkey jerky and bottle of gravy-flavored Gatorade, so I am set for the holiday!  Many people use this day to reflect and find gratitude for the things in their life.  I have decided to add a twist to this tradition and start swatting all the people I know and love, and some that I just know.

It started out when I went to the gas station to buy my holiday meal. The attendant scanned my turkey flavored feast and I looked at him deeply. (It seemed that he was avoiding eye contact with me , but I kept staring.)  I said, "Hey, I see you almost everyday when you ring up my dried meat pieces, you are great and you matter."  Then I swatted his hand and he looked surprised.  I thought, how sad...probably no one else took the time to tell him what a great job he was doing.  I decided to spread the cheer to the rest of the gas station.

As I was leaving, I saw a gentleman headed to the register to buy a case of beer and a pack of cigarettes.  I told him, "We all celebrate the holidays differently, kudos to you for polluting your body while we commemorate our founding supper."  Then I gave him a gentle punch and the shoulder.  He replied with profanity.

I continued my journey into the parking lot.  I stopped to greet a lady, who was putting gas in her car.  I told her, "Way to fill up using pump number 7! Keep it up!"  I smacked her on the behind and skipped along.  She yelled, "Hey what's your problem???" 

I told her, "It's no problem, I am happy to oblige."

She put the gas handle back on the pump and yelled, "My hands aren't full anymore.  I dare you to come back and do that again, you psycho!!"

I replied, "I don't have time.  I am on my way to inspire others and no, I'm not a Psychologist, just someone who cares." I could tell I changed her day! 

I challenge all of you to do the same.  If you spend today with your family, take the time to tell them how you feel and follow it up with a punch, a slap or even a noogie.  Or, if you are like me and weren't invited this year to eat with your relatives, then spread the love to strangers.  You definitely will make it a Thanksgiving that they will talk about for years to come!

Happy Spanksgiving!

Cathy Gainer Corporate Trainer






No comments:

Post a Comment